The Canon PowerShot G3 X is a powerful but compact superzoom camera with a 25x image stabilised optical zoom lens, large 1 inch 20.2 Megapixel sensor (up to ISO 12,800), dust-proof and drip-proof body, manual controls, and 1080p Full HD video recording at up to 60 frames per second.
Canon PowerShot G3 X features:
Combining the versatility of a 25x zoom lens with the premium imaging performance of a 1.0-type sensor, the PowerShot G3 X can shoot photos and movies in stunning quality. An extensive range of expert features and controls help you unleash your creativity.
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor for stunning low-light results up to ISO 12,800.
- 25x 24-600mm* f/2.8-5.6 Canon optical zoom lens with 9-blade aperture.
- Intelligent IS adapts to the situation for sharp shots.
- Dust-proof and drip-proof body.
- Expert handling with smooth action Lens Control Ring, customisable menus, shortcut buttons and dedicated exposure compensation dial.
- 8.0 cm (3.2"), high-resolution (1620k dots), tiltable PureColor II G LCD touch screen with Touch AF.
- Super-fast 31-point AiAF and sustained continuous shooting at up to 5.9fps.
- Multi-aspect RAW file support, built-in ND filter and BULB exposure mode.
- Full HD movies with variable frame rates (24p, 25p, 30p, 50p and 60p); 5-axis Dynamic Image Stabilizer for steady movie footage.
- Manual control in movie for extended creativity (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO sensitivity); MF Peaking for accurate focusing.
- WiFi with Dynamic NFC and Mobile Device Connect Button. Remote shooting possible via smartphone or tablet.
- Wireless image back-up to the cloud using Image Sync.
- HDMI live output. Support for external microphone and headphones.
- Creative Filters, Star Mode, Creative Shot Mode and Background Defocus.
- Compatible with optional accessories including a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and EOS Speedlite flashguns.
25x image stabilised optical zoom lens with bright aperture
The Canon PowerShot G3X features a large 25x zoom lens (35mm equivalent of 24-600mm) with image stabilisation and a bright/fast aperture of f/2.8-5.6. The large focal length range of the lens will allow you to capture a wide range of near and far subjects. The built in Image stabilisation on the G3 X lens will help to reduce camera shake / vibrations when zoomed in or when shooting in low light, and the bright/fast aperture allows more light to reach the sensor to allow you to shoot at faster shutters speeds and/or lower ISO’s.
Large 1.0" 20.2 Megapixel sensor with great low light performance
The Canon Powershot G3 X camera features a large 1 inch, back-illuminated, 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor to capture exceptional image detail with incredible colour accuracy. The sensor features a large ISO range of ISO 125- 12,800 to enable shooting in a wide variety of lighting conditions, while the DIGIC 6 actively reduces image noise at higher ISO’s. A built-in popup flash and hotshoe (for flashguns/speedlights) is also included for extreme low light conditions, creative lighting or light fill.
Full manual exposure control
The Canon PowerShot G3 X offers full manual exposure control in stills and video. Having control over ISO, shutter speed and aperture will allow you to capture more creative content. A dedicated mode dial and exposure compensation dial sits on the top plate for quick adjustments.
Full HD recording at 60 FPS
The Canon G3 X is capable of recording creative and spectacular videos at Full HD resolution. The camera records Full HD at frame rates of 24p, 25p, 30p, 50p or 60p. Full manual control is capable when recording. Perfect focus can be achieved with the MF Peaking function, and Aspect Markers will help to frame in popular movie formats. An external monitor can easily display live video through the HDMI output to allow even better filming accuracy. External microphones can be connected to the 3.5 mm Stereo mini jack to record more professional and focused audio.
Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
Using the Mobile Device Connect Button, or Dynamic NFC, makes effortless to wirelessly transfer images to compatible smart devices via Wi-Fi, while Image Sync can automatically back up to cloud-based services, such as Flickr. The Canon Camera Connect app enables advanced remote shooting with the camera, including Touch AF.
3.2" 1620k dot tiltable LCD touch screen
A bright 3.2 inch touch screen tilts up and down to allow easy operation from high and low angles, as well as providing a front facing display for easy self-portraits.