Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera
Please phone to ensure availability before ordering
To regional centers on orders over R2000
We do trade-ins. Chat to us to find out more detail
We are always willing & available to help - call us on 011 880 2885
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR f/3.0-6.5 ED Lens
- 22.5-900mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 40x Optical Zoom Lens, 80x Dynamic Zoom
- 3" 921k-Dot Tilting LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Bluetooth (BLE), Wi-Fi, NFC Connectivity
- ISO 6400, 7.4 fps Continuous Shooting
- 18 Scene Modes, Easy Auto Mode
- Remote Control via Smartphone or Tablet
The black COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera from Nikon features a 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor for high-resolution imagery as well as Full HD 1080p video. This sensor's construction utilizes a stacked backside-illuminated design to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions. The 40x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal range of 22.5-900mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of environments. Further subject magnification can be achieved using the 80x Dynamic Fine Zoom that effectively doubles the camera's reach. The lens also features Vibration Reduction to help reduce the appearance of camera shake when shooting at the longer zoom lengths or with longer shutter speeds. A 3" 921k-dot tilting LCD screen allows image composition from unique angles, as well as image review and menu navigation.
Built-in Bluetooth low energy (BLE), Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity allow the B500 to pair with a compatible smart device using the Nikon SnapBridge app. Images can then be easily sent to the connected smartphone or tablet, and from there shared on favorite social media sites. Designed for simple, stress-free operation with point and shoot capability for both still imagery and video, convenience is maximized by selecting from among 18 scene modes or using the Easy Auto Mode, which automatically optimizes the camera's settings even while shooting under challenging lighting conditions.
- 16MP Image Sensor
- The 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor features stacked backside-illuminated technology to enhance its low-light capabilities. 7.4 fps of continuous shooting is possible along with an ISO range of 125-6400.
- 40x NIKKOR VR Zoom Lens
- The B500 has a 40x NIKKOR ED VR zoom lens with a focal length range of 4.0-160mm, giving a 35mm equivalent of 22.5-900mm, which covers wide-angle to telephoto shots with a maximum aperture range of f/3.0-6.5. It features three ED lens elements for improving sharpness, color, and image quality, as well as Vibration Reduction to reduce the appearance of camera shake.
- 3" LCD Screen
- The B500's tilting 3" 921k-dot TFT-LCD monitor has an anti-reflective coating as well as 5-level brightness adjustment; making it easy to compose images from unique angles, monitor video recording, and navigate menus.
- Bluetooth low energy (BLE), Wi-Fi, and NFC with SnapBridge App
- When paired with a compatible smart device using the Nikon SnapBridge app, built-in Bluetooth low energy (BLE), Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity allow the B500 to quickly and easily send photos for sharing on social media sites. Upload photos on the go, even in remote locations, or use a smartphone or tablet to control the camera.
- Full HD Video
- Record Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps with stereo sound. 4-Axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction (VR) keeps videos steady. Transform a video into a fast-motion sequence with the Superlapse Movie feature, great for first-person perspectives, sports moments, video tours, and more.
- Easy Exposure Control
- Simple, stress-free operation with point and shoot capability for both still imagery and video. The Smart Portrait System utilizes multiple features such as Face Priority AF, Skin Softening, Blink Warning, and more to enhance images of people; while Target Finding AF quickly determines the intended subject and maintains focus. Choose from among 18 scene modes or Easy Auto Mode, which automatically optimizes the camera's settings, even while shooting under challenging lighting conditions.
- Built-In Flash
- When shooting in low-light or backlit situations, the pop-up flash can act as a fill light to produce well-exposed images.
- Energy Efficient
- Take up to 600 shots on four regular AA alkaline batteries. Capture an entire vacation and more on just one set of batteries.