Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-4 Waterproof Digital Camera (Red)
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom f/2.0-4.9 Lens
- 25-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze & Dustproof
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Video Recording
- Built-In Wi-Fi, GPS, and eCompass
- ISO 6400 and 5 fps Shooting at Full Res.
- RAW Capture & Live Composite
- Microscope and Underwater Modes
Preserve memories from your most adventurous trips with the water, crush, shock, freeze, and dustproof black Stylus TOUGH TG-4 Digital Camera from Olympus. In addition to being fully sealed from dust, the TG-4 is built to withstand underwater dives up to 50' deep, falls from up to 7' high, temperatures as low as 14°F, and pressure up to 220 lbf. While serving to protect on an array of adventures, these features are also well-suited to use in everyday circumstances. Additionally, it adds RAW shooting to the series for enhanced post-processing capabilities.
In regard to imaging, a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor work to produce high-resolution imagery with notable low-light sensitivity and quality. The combination of these two technologies form Olympus' iHS technology, which serves to realize fast performance throughout the camera system, including a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 and 5 fps shooting rate at full resolution. The sensor and processor also support recording full HD 1080p movies.
Benefiting the imaging capabilities of the TG-4 is a fast 4x optical zoom f/2.0-4.9 lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-100mm. Complementing this lens' reach, as well as aiding the camera's use in low-light conditions, is sensor-shift image stabilization, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
For image monitoring and review, as well as menu navigation, an LCD screen is incorporated into the camera's design. Accessing the menu system reveals a host of different camera features and settings, including a built-in intervalometer, automated Time-Lapse movie creation, a close-focusing Microscope Mode, and the ability to utilize built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS, and an electronic compass.
- TOUGH Design
- The TG-4 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps:
- Waterproof to depths of 50' / 15 m
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof to falls from 7' / 2.1 m high
- Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 100 kgf of pressure
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- A 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor work together to enable iHS (Intelligent High Speed) Technology, which benefits both the overall image quality and performance throughout the TG-4. The BSI design of the image sensor realizes notable sensitivity, up to ISO 6400, along with reduced noise levels to enhance image quality, especially in regard to working in difficult lighting conditions. The processing capabilities also afford a 5 fps shooting rate at full resolution, as well as 15 fps and 60 fps shooting rates at 3 megapixels.
- 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- Incorporated into the compact body design is fast 4x optical zoom f/2.0-4.9 lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-100mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. Benefitting this versatile zoom range, sensor-shift type image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording is available for capturing your action-packed moments and sharing them with your friends. In addition to full HD 1080p, HD 720p recording is also available as well as 120 fps and 240 fps high-speed recording at reduced resolutions.
- Live Composite and RAW Capture
- Added to this model is RAW capture which provides more versatile files for editing on a computer. Also, Live Composite is a mode that will automatically put together numerous exposures of a single scene in order to produce a single properly exposed image without losing highlights or shadows.
- Underwater Modes with Underwater HDR
- Take advantage of the tough capabilities of this camera and enjoy fully-featured shooting underwater. A selection of different modes, including HDR, will compensate for the different characteristics of light and color when underwater.
- Built-In Wi-Fi, GPS, and eCompass
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless sharing of photos and movies from the camera to a linked mobile device for instant sharing online. Utilizing the Olympus Image Share app, you can also remotely control the camera from a smartphone or tablet, including the ability to zoom in or out, adjust exposure and focus, and release the shutter. Additionally, utilizing the location data from a mobile device, you can geotag your imagery for plotting to an interactive map using the included Olympus Viewer 3 software.
Complementing the Wi-Fi connectivity, an integrated GPS module can quickly locate your position and also enables on-board geotagging and landmark-tagging capabilities. Furthermore, an electronic compass is also available, and can display a variety of information including latitude and longitude; atmospheric and water pressure; altitude and water depth; and the date and time.
- Microscope Mode
- Contrasting the wide field shooting abilities of the TG-4, dedicated Microscope shooting modes can be used to home in on minute details. Four different modes are available: Microscope, for close-up shooting as near as 1cm away; Microscope Control, which allows you to dial in different display magnifications, up to 44.5x, using microscope-like controls for attaining critical focus; Focus Bracketing, where a series of individual images are recorded at different focus positions; and Focus Stacking, where, again, a series of individually-focused images are recorded and automatically composited into a single frame realizing an extended depth of field than possible with a single exposure.
- Other Camera Features
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 99 frames with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, with a start timer from 1 second to 24 hours.
- In-camera time-lapse movies can be created using the interval shooting mode to produce HD 720p/10 videos for up to 10 seconds in length.
- Scene Modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Interval Shooting, Live Composite, Hand-Held Starlight, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Snow, Panorama, and Backlight HDR.
- Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Dramatic Tone, Fish Eye, Sparkle, Reflection, and Fragmented.
- Picture Modes: Vivid, Natural, and Muted.
- Language Support: English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovak, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Bulgarian, Romanian, Persian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Malay, Vietnamese, and Japanese.
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing order.
We offer the following options for making payment.
PayFast is a secure South African operated payment gateway and they offer various payment methods.
- Credit Card (R30 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
- Debit Card (R30 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
- InstantEFT (ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)