- 4K DCI & UHD Video/ 8.8MP Stills
- 1/2.3" MOS Sensor; 2 x Venus Processors
- Leica Dicomar 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- Switchable between NTSC and PAL
- Individual Focus, Zoom & Iris Lens Rings
- Power O.I.S, & Hybrid O.I.S.
- 0.45" EVF / 3.5" LCD Touch Screen
- Records MP4, MOV, AVCHD to SDXC Cards
- Simultaneous/Relay/Background Recording
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
Caught in between HD and 4K, Panasonic's HC-X1000 4K DCI/Ultra HD/Full HD Camcorder can help ease your transition, or allow you to jump right into 4K. The camera shoots and records cinema 4K at a true 24p, and UHD at broadcast compatible frame rates, so it fits smoothly into your existing broadcast workflow. The HC-X1000 features a 1/2.3" MOS sensor that is always shooting at 4K resolution, and uses its two built-in Venus processing engines to scale the 4K image for Full HD delivery. System frequencies are switchable between NTSC and PAL.
The built-in 20x Leica Dicomar lens features four lens groups, and electronically linked geared iris rings for manual control. The camera supports two optical image stabilization modes, one for 4K, and a different mode when shooting in HD, Two viewfinders provide you a choice when operating the camera with either a traditional tilt up color EVF, or a pull out LCD high resolution touch screen. The LCD touchscreen is positioned above the lens for a more natural viewing experience when shooting handheld.
The camera records in .mp4, .mov, or AVCHD codecs, and features dual SD media card slots. Please note that Panasonic recommends using SDXC cards rated as UHS-1 U3 for recording at the highest bit rates. The camera incorporates two SD card slots, allowing you to use relay recording, simultaneous recording and when recording HD you can use Panasonic's background recording mode.
- In 4K recording mode the camera utilizes Power O.I.S., checking and compensating for handshake up to four thousand times a second. In HD mode the camera employs 5-axis hybrid O.I.S. compensating for side-to-side, up-down, forward-back handheld shake.
- The HC-X1000 features electronically linked zoom, focus, and iris rings on the lens. The rings are textured for better tactile feel, and the movement and control of the rings simulate the feel of mechanically linked lenses.
- The camera features built-in selectable physical filters, a clear, 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64th ND for exposure control when shooting outdoors.
- The camera records in either MP4, MOV or AVCHD Progressive. It will only record in 4K/UHD using the mp4 codec, however, all codecs support recording in full HD. MP4 & MOV recording support a 200 Mb/s all intra frame codec, which requires less computing power to playback.
- A built-in IR emitter and IR recording mode allow you to shoot at 4K, and HD, in complete darkness without any visible light, although your images will have that familiar greenish IR look to them.
- An illuminated ring lets your subject know when you are recording by changing from blue to red. Although this is pleasant in appearance, this feature can be disabled in the camera's menu.
- Camera Assist Functions:
- Histogram: Displays the image as a brightness graph.
- Zebra: indicates areas of overexposure by overlaying a striped pattern on the overexposed portion of the image.
- The built-in electronic color bars allow you to calibrate your monitors, and can be recorded for playback.
- You can activate a level indicator overlay, which can be useful to check the camera is level when shooting handheld or with a stabilizer.
- Intelligent Auto: Two modes, iA and iA Plus allow the camera to select the appropriate scene mode for the scene you are shooting. In iA Plus mode you can adjust the brightness and color, while allowing the camera to control the other settings.
- The camera incorporates a built in microphone, and two 3-pin XLR audio inputs for line or mic level input. Manual adjustments are via dials set into the side of the camera so you can adjust the levels during the shot without having to pull up a menu function. The dials are inset, making it less likely to accidentally change the settings.
- Control and monitor the HC-X1000 in real time from a distance by using the Panasonic Image App on a smartphone or tablet device. With the camera's NFC capabilities you can easily connect to your NFC enabled smartphone or tablet. If your smartphone or tablet is not NFC enabled, you can use QR codes to make the connection.
- The 4K images that are taken by the HC-X1000 are compatible with a wide variety of nonlinear editing software, such as Apple Final Cut Pro X, that are available separately. Plus, the included HD-Writer XE2.0 software also supports the 4K video files for editing and file management, and is available for download.
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured.
We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel. *Free shipping only applies to regional centers. Shipping to outlying and remote areas may attract an additional fee.
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 10 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
All orders are dispatched via door to door courier within 2 working days from Johannesburg to any destination within South Africa. Your goods will be delivered to you within 48 - 72 hours (2-3 business days) from date of dispatch.
Please ensure that someone is available to sign receipt of your order at your chosen address of delivery. Delivery will take place on business days between the hours of 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
In the event of a Public Holiday or weekend, the goods shall be delivered on the following business day.
Please note that for overnight shipping your order needs to be placed before 13:00 to receive it by the following business day.
Alternatively, you may collect your goods from our shop in Rosebank, Johannesburg, in which case delivery will be free of charge.Please take note that special delivery times (such as same day delivery or overnight delivery) is only possible in regional centres. Outlying areas are a minimum two day delivery time. Unfortunately we are unable to refund you delivery charges if you select the incorrect delivery type at checkout. If you are unsure please contact us before ordering and we can assist you in selecting the correct delivery option.
Our address is:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
Our shop operating hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9am – 3pm
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing an order.
We process all of our online store's payments using PayFast - a secure, South African operated payment gateway. We accept the following forms of payment online. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards on our online store.
Credit Card(R100 000 limit, only South African card accepted)Debit Card(R30 000 limit, only South African cards accepted)InstantEFT(ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)Security & Fraud Prevention
PayFast is committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. Online retail has a fraud rate between 1 and 2% of all transactions. Through effective controls, PayFast’s is currently below 0,2% and still going down.
PCI-DSS Level 1 CompliantWe use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.3D Secure
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
This website is provided by us on an "as is" basis. This website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this website disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The owners of this website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Policies. These are subject to change without notification. All changes will be published on the website.
Shop 101, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
2196Tel: 011 880 2885
Email: email@example.comTrading CountriesThis store only trades in South AfricaCurrencyAll prices are listed in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (15%). All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rand).International OrdersWe will only accept orders from and deliver products to addresses in South Africa. If you are an international client who would like to purchase from us, you will need to contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for your own courier to collect the items from our store on your behalf. Return / Refund PolicyWhat is your return policy?You may return a product for refund or exchange (if due to our error) within 7 days of the order shipment date. The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email. We reserve the right to charge a handling fee in all returns if not due to our error. All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (order number #) which you would have received upon placing your order online.If we shipped you the wrong product, or it arrived defective or damaged.Contact us within 7 days of the item's order shipment date to arrange for the return of your purchase.We will send a replacement or refund you for your purchase, provided the returned item(s) are received back in their original packaging, along with all accessories, etc., where applicable.Packaging is part of the complete item so has to be in perfect condition.If you ordered the wrong itemWe will exchange your goods for the correct item or if the item is not available we will refund you for your purchase (minus the delivery cost) within 7 days of you returning the goods to us, provided the returned item(s) are received back in its original packaging and provided your purchase is in "as-new" condition, and the purchased product was not noted as a clearance or non-returnable item.Returned items will attract a handling fee that will be liaised with you. When your return is received, you will be issued a refund (to the credit card used to pay) for the merchandise only. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of shipping the package back to us.Ship your package back to us at the following address:KAMERAZShop 101, Rosebank Mall50 Bath AvenueRosebank2196Tel: 011 880 2885Email: email@example.comIf the goods do not match their description.If the goods do not in all material respects and characteristics correspond with their description on our website, you may return them to us at our expense within 7 days of you having received them, in the original packaging. We shall refund to you the cost of the goods less the reasonable cost of repackaging them, and we reserve our right to charge you a reasonable amount for use of the goods if the goods have been used.Images used on our website are purely for illustrative purposes and are not binding to the actual product being advertised or sold. The description of the goods stands as priority in confirming the item for sale and not the image itself.Errors and OmissionsWhile every effort will be made to ensure that our pricing and products advertised are correct. We realise there will be times when there will be a pricing error and as such, reserve the right to update prices at any time without any prior notice given. If you are in doubt, please phone and check the price with our store before purchasing an item to check both stock levels and price.