- 45.7MP FX-Format Stacked CMOS Sensor
- Lightweight Design, 30% Smaller than Z9
- 8.3K 60p N-RAW, 4.1K 60p ProRes RAW
- 8K30p and 4K120p Video, 10-Bit Internal
*Lens in images not included
- Top continuous shooting speeds of 20 fps when shooting in raw, 30 fps when shooting in JPEG, 60 fps when shooting 19MP JPEGs using a DX area, and an impressive 120 fps shooting rate when recording 11MP stills, with all rates supporting full AF/AE performance.
- Able to buffer over 1000 raw images in a burst, meaning raw image sequences can be recorded for approximately 50 seconds continuously. Also, during playback, you can skip to the first shot of a given burst to expedite the on-camera review process.
- Pre-Release Capture helps make decisive moment shots easier by recording frames in a burst for up a second prior to actually releasing the shutter. When this feature is activated, burst shooting will commence when the shutter is half-pressed and the buffer will retain up to a second's worth of frames prior to fully pressing the shutter.
- Electronic shutter affords a top shutter speed of 1/32,000 sec for working in the brightest conditions with wider apertures.
- Stacked sensor design reduces rolling shutter distortion so fast-moving subjects, like a golf club, tennis racket, or baseball bat, do not appear distorted when working with shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 sec.
- AF calculations are done at a 120 fps rate to keep up with fast continuous shooting speeds.
- High Efficiency RAW file format maintains image quality akin to uncompressed raw files but with file sizes approximately 30% smaller for faster reading/writing to the memory card.
- Stills can also be saved in the HEIF file format; a useful evolution from JPEG, this 10-bit format offers 1 billion more colors for greater realism and dynamic range when viewed on HLG-compatible displays while still retaining the small file size as a JPEG.
- Motion Blend Retouch feature can be used to produce an in-camera composite that depicts a series of subject movements within a single frame.
- Long Exposure display includes a live exposure timer on the rear LCD, along with the ability to dim the viewfinder to better preserve your night-adjusted vision.
By removing the mechanical shutter, the Z8 can also operate completely silently and there is no worry over mechanical shutter wear or breakdown. A shutter release sound can be added for awareness when a photo is being taken, and the volume can be adjusted to suit different working scenarios.
- Fine-tune hue and brightness while shooting for more precise control while shooting.
- Skin softening can be used on up to three subjects in a shot and slightly blurs the skin for a more pleasing texture while still retaining essential sharpness on eyes and hair.
- Manual white balance control is more intuitive when making adjustments and Auto WB has also been optimized for human subjects.
Eye-Detection AF, specifically, has been tuned for improved accuracy and refined recognition of eyes in the scene, regardless of how small or large they are within the image frame, and can also be used in conjunction with custom Wide-Area AF for different subject shapes and sizes.
UHD 4K and Full HD recording is also possible in a variety of frame rates, including full-frame 4K recording at up to 120p for slow-motion playback. Using an 8K area, oversampled UHD 4K recording is possible at up to 60p for increased sharpness and detail. Also, high-resolution frame grabs can be recorded in camera from 8K and 4K videos, for producing 33MP or 11MP stills, respectively.
- N-RAW is Nikon's own raw recording format that offers impressively small file sizes compared to other raw formats as well as the ability to create MP4 proxies for more efficient previewing or transferring.
- N-RAW recording is available at up to 8.3K at 60p or 24p; 4.1K at up to 120p; 5.3K at up to 60p with a 1.5x crop; and 3.8K at 120p with a 2.3x crop.
- ProRes RAW recording is also available at up to 4.1K and 60p.
- Red REC frame indicator on EVF and LCD during recording to easily recognize when recording is being captured.
- Dedicated video info display indicates various recording settings, such as frame size, frame rate, audio settings, codec, bit depth, and HDMI output settings. Some of these settings will also be visible on the camera's top control panel.
- Focus peaking and zebra stripes are visual aids to help achieve sharp focus and accurate exposure.
- Waveform monitor for realtime exposure analysis.
- Fine ISO control in Manual mode for adjusting exposure in 1/6-stop increments.
- Fast AF-ON function can be assigned to Fn buttons; it is now possible to assign two different AF speeds to different buttons.
- Slow shutter speed video is supported, slower than 1/frame rate, for working in extreme low-light conditions or for creating intentionally blurred effects.
- Timecode linking is possible when working with an optional timecode generator.
- Complementing the video capabilities, the Z8 also supports 24-bit linear PCM sound recording and offers compatibility with external XLR microphones via the optional Tascam CA-XLR2d-AN digital adapter.
- Deemed the true successor to the D850 DSLR and the smaller follow-up to the flagship Z9, the Z8 hits a sweet spot in terms of size and performance. It is 30% smaller than the Z9 and 15% smaller than the D850.
- Compared to the Z9, with its built-in vertical grip, the Z8 takes on a more modular design, allowing you to keep it small for day-to-day shooting or pair it with the optional MB-N12 Power Battery Pack grip for improved ergonomics when shooting vertical and better battery life. Also, the smaller, lighter design makes the Z8 an ideal candidate for rigging or use on a gimbal for video use.
- Dual card slots—one CFexpress Type B slot and one UHS-II SD slot—allow for flexible file saving. The CFx slot is suitable for data-intensive applications, like 8K recording and high-speed burst shooting, while the SD slot retains compatibility with the popular storage format. Additionally, the CFx B slot is also compatible with XQD memory cards.
- Built using eco-friendly Seerebo carbon fiber and robust magnesium alloy, the Z8 manages to be both durable and lightweight, weighing just 2 lb.
- Premium weather sealing protects against dust and moisture for confident use in harsh climates.
- Included EN-EL15c battery offers approximately 340 frames per charge when primarily using the viewfinder or 370 shots per charge when primarily using the LCD monitor. The Z8 is also compatible with other EN-EL15-series batteries.
- In-body Vibration Reduction now supports Synchro VR to achieve up to 6 stops of camera shake compensation when used with select Z lenses.
- Helping to cut down on dust reaching the sensor, the Z8 incorporates a sensor shield that protects the sensor surface when changing lenses. For additional dust prevention, there is also a dual electro-conductive and fluorine coating on the optical filter covering the sensor.
- Backlit buttons offer easier navigation and button recognition when working in low-light conditions.
- Real-Live Viewfinder is an advanced EVF utilizing a 3.69m-dot OLED panel with adjustable luminance up to 3000 cd/m2 for clear visibility in bright conditions. This EVF also works in conjunction with dual-stream technology for blackout-free viewing when shooting continuously and it features a high fps function, which ups the EVF's refresh rate to 120 fps for smoother, lifelike viewing.
- Like the Z9, the Z8 incorporates a unique 3.2" 2.1m-dot four-axis tilting touchscreen LCD that better supports working from high and low angles, regardless if shooting in the horizontal or vertical orientation. This screen's four-way tilting design allows for easier viewing from a variety of positions and the user interface orientation will also shift depending on how the camera is held.
- Full-size HDMI port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports for attaching an external microphone and for on-board audio monitoring
- Two USB-C ports: one supports file transfers and tethering and the second is dedicated to power delivery and battery charging
- USB-C communication terminal supports USB-LAN connectivity when paired with an optional USB-C to Ethernet adapter. This enables a 1000BASE-T wired LAN connection for transferring files over FTP
- 10-pin port offers wide accessories and remote connectivity
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz) permit wireless transferring of files, remote camera control via a mobile device, and works in conjunction with the NX Mobile Air app for file management
You may also like
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured.
We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel. *Free shipping only applies to regional centers. Shipping to outlying and remote areas may attract an additional fee.
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 10 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
All orders are dispatched via door to door courier within 2 working days from Johannesburg to any destination within South Africa. Your goods will be delivered to you within 48 - 72 hours (2-3 business days) from date of dispatch.
Please ensure that someone is available to sign receipt of your order at your chosen address of delivery. Delivery will take place on business days between the hours of 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
In the event of a Public Holiday or weekend, the goods shall be delivered on the following business day.
Please note that for overnight shipping your order needs to be placed before 11:00am to receive it by the following business day.
Alternatively, you may collect your goods from our shop in Rosebank, Johannesburg, in which case delivery will be free of charge. Please take note that special delivery times (such as same day delivery or overnight delivery) is only possible in Main/regional centres. Outlying areas are a minimum two day delivery time. Unfortunately we are unable to refund you delivery charges if you select the incorrect delivery type at checkout. If you are unsure please contact us before ordering and we can assist you in selecting the correct delivery option.
Our address is:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
Our shop operating hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9am – 3pm
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing an order.
We process all of our online store's payments using PayFast - a secure, South African operated payment gateway. We accept the following forms of payment online. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards on our online store.
Credit Card(R100 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
Debit Card(R30 000 limit, only South African cards accepted)
InstantEFT(ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)Security & Fraud Prevention
PayFast is committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. Online retail has a fraud rate between 1 and 2% of all transactions. Through effective controls, PayFast’s is currently below 0,2% and still going down.
PCI-DSS Level 1 CompliantWe use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.3D Secure
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
This website is provided by us on an "as is" basis. This website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this website disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The owners of this website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Policies. These are subject to change without notification. All changes will be published on the website.
Shop 101, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
2196Tel: 011 880 2885
This store only trades in South Africa Currency All prices are listed in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (15%). All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rand).
We will only accept orders from and deliver products to addresses in South Africa. If you are an international client who would like to purchase from us, you will need to contact our sales team on email@example.com and arrange for your own courier to collect the items from our store on your behalf.
Return / Refund Policy
What is your return policy?
You may return a product for refund or exchange (if due to our error) within 7 days of the order shipment date.
The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email.
All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (order number #) which you would have received upon placing your order online.
If we shipped you the wrong product, or it arrived defective or damaged we will carry the cost to get it replaced within the borders of South Africa only.
Contact us within 7 days of the item's order shipment date to arrange for the return of your purchase.
We will send a replacement or refund you for your purchase, provided the returned item(s) are received back in their original packaging, unused, along with all accessories, etc., where applicable.
The packaging is part of the complete item so it has to be in the original condition in which it was sent.
*Please note we cannot accept returns on Emulsion Based Film and Flash based Memory Products due to the volatility they can suffer under certain weather conditions (Memory card compatibility must be checked by the purchaser and we cannot be held responsible for incorrect memory card purchases if they do not work on your device). Please ensure you are 100% sure on compatibility before you purchase. We will only replace/refund/repair Flash Memory Cards if they have a manufacturing fault.
If you ordered the wrong item
We will exchange your goods for the correct item or if the item is not available we will refund you for your purchase (minus the delivery cost) within 7 days of you returning the goods to us, provided the returned item(s) are received back in its original packaging and provided your purchase is in "as-new" condition, and the purchased product was not noted as a clearance or non-returnable item.
When your return is received, you will be issued a refund (to the credit card used to pay) for the merchandise only. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of shipping the package back to us.
Ship your package back to us at the following address:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
If the goods do not match their description.
If the goods do not in all material respects and characteristics correspond with their description on our website, you may return them to us at our expense within 10 days of you having received them, in the original packaging. We shall refund to you the cost of the goods less the reasonable cost of repackaging them, and we reserve our right to charge you a reasonable amount for use of the goods if the goods have been used. Images used on our website are purely for illustrative purposes and are not binding to the actual product being advertised or sold. The description of the goods stands as priority in confirming the item for sale and not the image itself.
Change of heart or buyers remorse.
We do not offer refunds for products purchased if you have a change of mind or buyers remorse. If you have a special request prior to purchase please make arrangements with the store management should you have the need to do so and this will be dealt with on a case to case matter. Under certain circumstances it will be at management discretion to accept returns and will usually carry a restocking/handling fee.
Errors and Omissions
While every effort will be made to ensure that our pricing and products advertised are correct. We realise there will be times when there will be a pricing error and as such, reserve the right to update prices at any time without any prior notice given. If you are in doubt, please phone and check the price with our store before purchasing an item to check both stock levels and price.