Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 16mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- 1 Aspherical, 5 ED, and 3 HR Elements
- Anti-Reflection ZERO Coating
- High-Speed Imager AF with MSC
- Expansive 180° Angle of View
- Dust, Splash, and Freezeproof Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Pairing an expansive 180° angle of view with a weather-resistant construction, the M.ZUIKO Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds system lens offering a 16mm equivalent focal length for unique perspectives and creative distortions. The fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and a ZUIKO Extra-Low Reflection Optical (ZERO) coating has been applied to the lens elements to minimize the effects of flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich and color-accurate imagery. A sophisticated lens design further contributes to notable image quality by using a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements. A fast fisheye featuring a compact profile to match the Micro Four Thirds system, this lens further excels due to its optically refined and exterior-sealed design.
Complementing the optical merits is a high-speed imager AF system that provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing and the Movie and Still Image Compatible (MSC) designation also indicates this lens' suitability for use with fast-moving subjects and video applications. A minimum focusing distance of 4.7", along with a maximum magnification of 0.2x (0.4x equivalent), also enables working with close-up subjects to further exaggerate the unique perspective afforded by the fisheye design.
- An 8mm fisheye offers a 16mm equivalent focal length for Micro Four Thirds system cameras along with an expansive 180° angle of view with characteristic perspective distortions.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult and low-light conditions.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical element, three Super ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two ED elements, one Super HR (high-refractive index) element, and two HR elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity.
- ZERO coating helps to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and more accurate color rendering.
- Dust, splash, and freezeproof construction ensures this lens' performance in inclement conditions and harsh environments.
- High-speed imager AF linear motor drive system, with MSC (Movie and Still Image Compatible) support, provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.7" pairs with a 0.4x equivalent maximum magnification for photographing close-up subjects with an exaggerated perspective.
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing order.
We offer the following options for making payment.
PayFast is a secure South African operated payment gateway and they offer various payment methods.
- Credit Card (R30 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
- Debit Card (R30 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
- InstantEFT (ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)
We Also Recommend