50.1MP Exmor RS BSI CMOS Stacked Sensor
BIONZ XR Processor
Up to 30 fps Shooting and Updated Shutter
- Efficient sensor design and processing enables high-speed shooting up to 30 fps at full 50.1MP resolution, with full AF and AE capabilities, when working with an electronic shutter. When working with the mechanical shutter, speeds are still kept high at 10 fps. Also, a large buffer memory permits recording up to 155 compressed raw frames, or 165 JPEGs, in one single burst at 30 fps.
- Suiting fast-paced continuous shooting is a blackout-free viewfinder experience, which makes use of a 240 fps refresh rate for fluent eye-level viewing.
- Updated electronic shutter offers silent, vibration-free performance and also supports anti-flicker shooting for working under fluorescent, LED, or other flicker-prone types of artificial light, even while shooting at 30 fps with 120 fps AF speeds.
- Due to quickened readout speeds, electronic shutter flash sync is possible up to 1/200 sec. Even faster flash sync speeds are available when using the updated mechanical shutter, too, which can sync at 1/400 sec in full-frame or 1/500 sec with an APS-C crop.
8K 30p and 4K 120p Video Recording in 10-Bit
- Making use of the high-resolution sensor and fast processing capabilities, UHD 8K 30p XAVC HS 10-bit 4:2:0 video recording is possible using the full width of the sensor, offering 8.6K oversampling for impressive sharpness and realism. For easy handling of this high-res recording mode, low bit-rate proxy files with HD resolution can be simultaneously recorded faster for playback. Also, 8K video at 400 Mb/s can be written to a V90-rated UHS-II SD card, or 200 Mb/s to a V60 card, and 8K can be output over HDMI in 8-bit 4:2:0 format.
- Recording up to UHD 4K is possible with frame rates up to 120p; when recording up to 60p the a1 offers full pixel readout and at 120p it uses a 10% crop. Oversampled 4K recording is also possible, via a 5.8K capture area, with a Super 35 crop. Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling is also possible in all recording modes and, if recording externally via the full-size HDMI A port, 16-bit raw output is also possible from a 4.3K capture for even greater tonal reproduction and post-production flexibility.
- The a1 employs a pair of codecs to suit different workflows: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- High-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate playback set to either 30p or 24p or, if moving down to Full HD resolution, an effective 240p frame rate is also available for even greater motion control.
- No recording time limit allows for unlimited clip lengths and the camera's physical design features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times; longer than 30 minutes for 8K 30p or 4K 60p videos, or recordings done at 10-bit 4:2:0.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colours and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9 and FX6 cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This colour profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colours, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customisable colour and gamma controls, the you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, colour level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility.
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 colour space, for recording within a wide colour gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Fast Hybrid AF System
- Covering 92% of the image area, a Fast Hybrid AF system incorporates 759 phase-detection points along with 425 contrast-detection areas for quick and precise focusing in a variety of lighting conditions with sensitivity down to -6 EV. This focusing system is available for use in all recording modes, to benefit both video and stills applications.
- Fast sensor readout and improved processing also enables up to 120 AF and AE calculations to be performed per second for faster, more responsive tracking and accurate results.
- Lock onto subjects quickly using Real-time Tracking for AI-based tracking on moving subjects or touch tracking for manual selection of the subject.
- Real-time Eye AF, suitable for both humans and animals, also ensures critical sharpness when shooting portraits.
- Dedicated Real-time Eye AF Bird Mode lets you select the bird to be tracked and the camera will automatically detect the bird's eye and track it, regardless if the bird is in flight or still. This mode even works once a sitting bird takes flight.
- Helping to fine-tune how the focusing system performs, seven-step AF transition speed and five-step AF subject shift sensitivity controls let you refine how quickly focus shifts from point to point and how smoothly focusing shifts occur.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilisation
- Enhanced 5.5-stop effective 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilisation system compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills and video and allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, for critical shooting without encountering blur from camera shake.
- For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilisation will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilisation.
- Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilisation methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- An impressive QXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a high 9.44m-dot resolution and 0.9x magnification for exceptionally bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing. This viewfinder has a dedicated 240 fps High Quality+ setting for smooth motion rendering and the finder's physical design has a long 25mm eye point, 41° field of view, and features a fluorine coating on the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- A 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting screen benefits working from high and low angles. This LCD is a touchscreen, too, for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
- Dual memory card slots both accept either CFexpress Type A or SD-type memory cards. The dual slot design allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. Additionally, both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- Updated menu structure is more intuitive and complements having different workflows and settings selections for movie recording and stills shooting. The menu system also works in conjunction with the touchscreen design of the rear LCD.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 430 shots/90 minutes of recording per charge when using the viewfinder or 530 shots/95 minutes of recording per charge when using the rear LCD.
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the remote camera control and instant sharing of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. This connectivity also provides remote camera control
- USB Type-C port can be paired with an optional Ethernet wired LAN adapter to provide 1000BASE-T connectivity, wired remote shooting, or FTP transferring.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a1 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. Also, the 5.0 GHz band supports 2x2 MIMO for fast communication speeds and dual antennas ensure a reliable connection.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Ethernet port offers up to 1000BASE-T speeds for quick wired LAN sharing and remote operation.
- When working over a wired LAN, the Remote Camera Tool 2.1 app now has been enhanced for a reduced release time lag and live view delays as well as support for remote SD card formatting, FTP server switching, and changes to the still image storage destination. Wired or wireless LAN transfers can also occur in the background, while continuing to shoot.
- Imaging Edge Remote for desktop supports PC Remote shooting via the Wi-Fi connection or tethered by the wired USB Type-C port. An updated data transfer control also makes it possible to transfer files from an SD card over Wi-Fi using the Imaging Edge Mobile app even when the camera is powered off.
- Transfer & Tagging add-on app can send FTP setting parameters from your mobile device to the camera, offers automatic data upload to an FTP server with attached metadata, and can perform automatic voice-to-text conversion.
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured.
We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel. *Free shipping only applies to regional centers. Shipping to outlying and remote areas may attract an additional fee.
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 10 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
All orders are dispatched via door to door courier within 2 working days from Johannesburg to any destination within South Africa. Your goods will be delivered to you within 48 - 72 hours (2-3 business days) from date of dispatch.
Please ensure that someone is available to sign receipt of your order at your chosen address of delivery. Delivery will take place on business days between the hours of 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
In the event of a Public Holiday or weekend, the goods shall be delivered on the following business day.
Please note that for overnight shipping your order needs to be placed before 11:00am to receive it by the following business day.
Alternatively, you may collect your goods from our shop in Rosebank, Johannesburg, in which case delivery will be free of charge. Please take note that special delivery times (such as same day delivery or overnight delivery) is only possible in Main/regional centres. Outlying areas are a minimum two day delivery time. Unfortunately we are unable to refund you delivery charges if you select the incorrect delivery type at checkout. If you are unsure please contact us before ordering and we can assist you in selecting the correct delivery option.
Our address is:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
Our shop operating hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9am – 3pm
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing an order.
We process all of our online store's payments using PayFast - a secure, South African operated payment gateway. We accept the following forms of payment online. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards on our online store.
Credit Card(R100 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
Debit Card(R30 000 limit, only South African cards accepted)
InstantEFT(ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)Security & Fraud Prevention
PayFast is committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. Online retail has a fraud rate between 1 and 2% of all transactions. Through effective controls, PayFast’s is currently below 0,2% and still going down.
PCI-DSS Level 1 CompliantWe use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.3D Secure
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
This website is provided by us on an "as is" basis. This website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this website disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The owners of this website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Policies. These are subject to change without notification. All changes will be published on the website.
Shop 101, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
2196Tel: 011 880 2885
This store only trades in South Africa Currency All prices are listed in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (15%). All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rand).
We will only accept orders from and deliver products to addresses in South Africa. If you are an international client who would like to purchase from us, you will need to contact our sales team on email@example.com and arrange for your own courier to collect the items from our store on your behalf.
Return / Refund Policy
What is your return policy?
You may return a product for refund or exchange (if due to our error) within 7 days of the order shipment date.
The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email.
All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (order number #) which you would have received upon placing your order online.
If we shipped you the wrong product, or it arrived defective or damaged we will carry the cost to get it replaced within the borders of South Africa only.
Contact us within 7 days of the item's order shipment date to arrange for the return of your purchase.
We will send a replacement or refund you for your purchase, provided the returned item(s) are received back in their original packaging, unused, along with all accessories, etc., where applicable.
The packaging is part of the complete item so it has to be in the original condition in which it was sent.
*Please note we cannot accept returns on Emulsion Based Film and Flash based Memory Products due to the volatility they can suffer under certain weather conditions (Memory card compatibility must be checked by the purchaser and we cannot be held responsible for incorrect memory card purchases if they do not work on your device). Please ensure you are 100% sure on compatibility before you purchase. We will only replace/refund/repair Flash Memory Cards if they have a manufacturing fault.
If you ordered the wrong item
We will exchange your goods for the correct item or if the item is not available we will refund you for your purchase (minus the delivery cost) within 7 days of you returning the goods to us, provided the returned item(s) are received back in its original, unopened, packaging and provided your purchase is in "as-new" condition, and the purchased product was not noted as a clearance or non-returnable item.
When your return is received, you will be issued a refund (to the credit card used to pay) for the merchandise only. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of shipping the package back to us.
Ship your package back to us at the following address:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
If the goods do not match their description.
If the goods do not in all material respects and characteristics correspond with their description on our website, you may return them to us at our expense within 10 days of you having received them, in the original packaging. We shall refund to you the cost of the goods less the reasonable cost of repackaging them, and we reserve our right to charge you a reasonable amount for use of the goods if the goods have been used. Images used on our website are purely for illustrative purposes and are not binding to the actual product being advertised or sold. The description of the goods stands as priority in confirming the item for sale and not the image itself.
Change of heart or buyers remorse.
We do not offer refunds for products purchased if you have a change of mind or buyers remorse. If you have a special request prior to purchase please make arrangements with the store management should you have the need to do so and this will be dealt with on a case by case matter. Under certain circumstances it will be at management discretion to accept returns and will usually carry a restocking/handling fee.
Errors and Omissions
While every effort will be made to ensure that our pricing, stock levels and products advertised are correct. We realise there will be times when there will be a pricing error and as such, reserve the right to update prices at any time without any prior notice given. If you are in doubt, please phone and check the price with our store before purchasing an item to check both stock levels and price.