Sensor and Processor
33MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
BIONZ XR Processor
In terms of shooting speeds, the sensor and processor enable up to 10 fps shooting, using either the mechanical or electronic shutter and with AF/AE enabled. Also, the buffer permits recording up to 828 consecutive uncompressed raw + JPEG frames when using a CFexpress Type A card.
Advanced External Flash Control
4K 60p Video Recording in 10-Bit
- Making full use of the high-resolution 33MP sensor and fast processing capabilities, UHD 4K 30p XAVC HS 10-bit recording is possible using the full width of the sensor, offering 7K oversampling for impressive sharpness and realism.
- There is also oversampled 4K recording, via a 4.6K capture area, with a Super 35 crop, that offers UHD 4K output up to 60p in 10-bit.
- No recording time limit allows for unlimited clip lengths and the camera's physical design features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times; longer than one hour of continuous 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 recording, for example.
- The a7 IV employs a pair of codecs to suit different workflows: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
S-Cinetone, S-Log3, and Other Color and Gamma Controls
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the FX9 and FX6 cameras, along with the a1 and a7S III, and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support permits recording within a wide color gamut for producing HDR-ready content directly from the camera.
- S-Log3 is also available for producing a 15+-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Fast Hybrid AF System
Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- Real-time Tracking is an AI-based subject recognition system that recognizes color, pattern, and subject distance information for high accuracy and focusing speed.
- Beyond just tracking subjects, Real-time Eye AF fine-tunes the focusing accuracy and recognizes human, animal, and bird's eyes for critical sharpness. Real-time Eye AF even maintains focus on a subject's eye when they leave and re-enter the frame, allowing for working in more spontaneous shooting situations.
AF During Video Recording and Additional Focusing Modes
- Real-time Eye AF is fully supported during video recording, for subject detection and tracking of human, animal, and bird eyes while shooting.
- For more control over how focus shifts appear during recording, seven-step AF transition speeds and five-step AF subject shift sensitivity controls let you refine how quickly focus shifts from point to point and how smoothly focusing shifts occur.
- A unique solution to compensate for how certain lenses perform when racking focus, Focus Breathing compensation will automatically smooth focus transitions and maintain a consistent field of view when changing the focus position during a shot. This mode crops into the image slightly and corrects for any detected shifts in composition when focusing is happening.
- Focus Map is a unique way of visualizing depth of field and functions in a similar way to peaking with a colorful overlay of the scene that indicates which parts of the scene are in front of and behind the focus point depending on the chosen aperture.
- A feature carried over from the FX6 digital cine camera, AF Assist lets you intuitively switch over to manual focus control for adjusting focus position when working with AF. This is a quick way to shift selective focus between various subjects in a scene while recording.
Body Design, Connectivity, and Streaming
Viewfinder and LCD Screen
- An improved QVGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a 3.68m-dot resolution that is approximately 1.6x higher in resolution than its predecessor for sharper, clearer viewing. This viewfinder supports both standard 60 fps and 120 fps frame rates for smooth motion rendering and its physical design has a long 23mm eye point, 0.78x-magnification, and 37.3° field of view.
- Perfect for vlogging or other self-recording needs, the side-opening 3.0" 1.03m-dot vari-angle articulating screen can be used in a front-facing orientation or can be tilted up or down to suit working from high or low shooting angles. This LCD is a touchscreen, too, for intuitive shooting control and menu navigation.
Hybrid Stills and Video Body Design
- New to the Alpha line, there is a convenient Still/Movie/S&Q dial, beneath the shooting mode dial, that allows for quick changing between different recording modes. By changing between stills and movie recording modes, the menu system and custom buttons will change for more intuitive and practical use.
- Dual memory card slots allows for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition file types or can be used for overflow recording. One slot is a dual CFexpress Type A and SD slot and the other is solely an SD card slot; both are rated to support UHS-II memory cards.
- Updated menu structure is more intuitive and complements having different workflows and settings selections for movie recording and stills shooting. The menu system also works in conjunction with the touchscreen design of the rear LCD.
- Accepts the high-capacity NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 520 shots per charge when working with the viewfinder or 580 shots when working with the rear LCD.
Ports and Interface
- Full-size HDMI A port offers a more reliable connection when working with external recorders.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged or powered from the host power source while connected.
- Both 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports facilitate greater control over audio recording.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- USB Type-C port can be paired with an optional Ethernet wired LAN adapter to provide 1000BASE-T connectivity, wired remote shooting, or FTP transferring.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- Enhanced 5.5-stop effective 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills and video and allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, for critical shooting without encountering blur from camera shake.
- For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
- Additionally, specifically for video, there is also an Active IS mode that adds even more precise stabilization methods for even smoother footage straight out of camera.
Wireless Connectivity and Streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the remote camera control and instant sharing of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. This connectivity also provides remote camera control.
- Use of the Imaging Edge mobile app is benefitted by Bluetooth to maintain a reliable connection between the camera and mobile device.
- Live streaming is possible directly from the camera simply by connecting the camera to a computer or compatible mobile device via USB, allowing the camera's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing.
- 4K 15p, FHD 60p/30p, and HD 30p recording settings are available and there are also internal Creative Look and Soft Skin effects for a refined image quality straight from the camera.
- Internal recording is supported to a memory card while live streaming.
- UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming.
- Supports Visual Story for easy cloud-based deliver of photos and videos immediately after shooting.
In the Box
- Sony Alpha a7 IV Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- AC Adapter and Power Cord
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB Type-C to Type-A Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured.
We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel. *Free shipping only applies to regional centers. Shipping to outlying and remote areas may attract an additional fee.
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 10 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
All orders are dispatched via door to door courier within 2 working days from Johannesburg to any destination within South Africa. Your goods will be delivered to you within 48 - 72 hours (2-3 business days) from date of dispatch.
Please ensure that someone is available to sign receipt of your order at your chosen address of delivery. Delivery will take place on business days between the hours of 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
In the event of a Public Holiday or weekend, the goods shall be delivered on the following business day.
Please note that for overnight shipping your order needs to be placed before 11:00am to receive it by the following business day.
Alternatively, you may collect your goods from our shop in Rosebank, Johannesburg, in which case delivery will be free of charge. Please take note that special delivery times (such as same day delivery or overnight delivery) is only possible in Main/regional centres. Outlying areas are a minimum two day delivery time. Unfortunately we are unable to refund you delivery charges if you select the incorrect delivery type at checkout. If you are unsure please contact us before ordering and we can assist you in selecting the correct delivery option.
Our address is:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
Our shop operating hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9am – 3pm
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing an order.
We process all of our online store's payments using PayFast - a secure, South African operated payment gateway. We accept the following forms of payment online. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards on our online store.
Credit Card(R100 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
Debit Card(R30 000 limit, only South African cards accepted)
InstantEFT(ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)Security & Fraud Prevention
PayFast is committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. Online retail has a fraud rate between 1 and 2% of all transactions. Through effective controls, PayFast’s is currently below 0,2% and still going down.
PCI-DSS Level 1 CompliantWe use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.3D Secure
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
This website is provided by us on an "as is" basis. This website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this website disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The owners of this website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Policies. These are subject to change without notification. All changes will be published on the website.
Shop 101, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
2196Tel: 011 880 2885
This store only trades in South Africa Currency All prices are listed in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (15%). All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rand).
We will only accept orders from and deliver products to addresses in South Africa. If you are an international client who would like to purchase from us, you will need to contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for your own courier to collect the items from our store on your behalf.
Return / Refund Policy
What is your return policy?
You may return a product for refund or exchange (if due to our error) within 7 days of the order shipment date.
The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email.
All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (order number #) which you would have received upon placing your order online.
If we shipped you the wrong product, or it arrived defective or damaged we will carry the cost to get it replaced within the borders of South Africa only.
Contact us within 7 days of the item's order shipment date to arrange for the return of your purchase.
We will send a replacement or refund you for your purchase, provided the returned item(s) are received back in their original packaging, unused, along with all accessories, etc., where applicable.
The packaging is part of the complete item so it has to be in the original condition in which it was sent.
*Please note we cannot accept returns on Emulsion Based Film and Flash based Memory Products due to the volatility they can suffer under certain weather conditions (Memory card compatibility must be checked by the purchaser and we cannot be held responsible for incorrect memory card purchases if they do not work on your device). Please ensure you are 100% sure on compatibility before you purchase. We will only replace/refund/repair Flash Memory Cards if they have a manufacturing fault.
If you ordered the wrong item
We will exchange your goods for the correct item or if the item is not available we will refund you for your purchase (minus the delivery cost) within 7 days of you returning the goods to us, provided the returned item(s) are received back in its original packaging and provided your purchase is in "as-new" condition, and the purchased product was not noted as a clearance or non-returnable item.
When your return is received, you will be issued a refund (to the credit card used to pay) for the merchandise only. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of shipping the package back to us.
Ship your package back to us at the following address:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
If the goods do not match their description.
If the goods do not in all material respects and characteristics correspond with their description on our website, you may return them to us at our expense within 10 days of you having received them, in the original packaging. We shall refund to you the cost of the goods less the reasonable cost of repackaging them, and we reserve our right to charge you a reasonable amount for use of the goods if the goods have been used. Images used on our website are purely for illustrative purposes and are not binding to the actual product being advertised or sold. The description of the goods stands as priority in confirming the item for sale and not the image itself.
Change of heart or buyers remorse.
We do not offer refunds for products purchased if you have a change of mind or buyers remorse. If you have a special request prior to purchase please make arrangements with the store management should you have the need to do so and this will be dealt with on a case to case matter. Under certain circumstances it will be at management discretion to accept returns and will usually carry a restocking/handling fee.
Errors and Omissions
While every effort will be made to ensure that our pricing and products advertised are correct. We realise there will be times when there will be a pricing error and as such, reserve the right to update prices at any time without any prior notice given. If you are in doubt, please phone and check the price with our store before purchasing an item to check both stock levels and price.