- Extra-Low Dispersion HD Optical System
- Phase-Corrected Dielectric-Coated Prisms
- Anti-Reflection Fully Multicoated Optics
- Wide 63° Apparent Angle of View
Designed to deliver power and performance, the Vortex Optics 10x42 Diamondback HD Binoculars is an ideal optic for hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts who glass at all ranges and require accurate colors with crisp clarity in all light conditions. To withstand the rigors of daily outdoor use, the optical tubes are argon-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging if the weather turns or the binoculars take an accidental spill in a creek or puddle.
- High 10x magnification brings distant subjects in for close observations
- 42mm objective lenses have good light-gathering capability for use in challenging conditions, such as at dawn and dusk, without being too heavy or bulky
- Compact roof prism light path ensures performance without adding excessive weight and bulk
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve color and contrast
- Dielectric prism coatings boost internal prism reflectivity to greater than 99% to maximize light transmission through the prism with minimal loss and diffraction
- High-density (HD), extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics increase light transmission for accurate color fidelity and improved contrast and clarity
- ArmorTek exterior lens coatings resist scratches and abrasions while allowing oil, dirt, and sap to be cleaned off without leaving smudges or residue
- Short 5-foot close focus distance is ideal for making detailed observations of small subjects like birds, bees, insects, flora & fauna at feeders and flower beds
- Wide 63° apparent angle of view helps to reduce the appearance of the distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics such as this
- 100m field of view at 915m
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration provides a solid platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip-resistant center focus knob is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric correction lets you compensate for individual eye prescription for tack-sharp views
- 55-73 mm interpupillary distance range allows easy viewing by a wide variety of users
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with an optional adapter for hands-free use to reduce vibration and arm fatigue
- 15mm eye relief reduces eyestrain to make for more comfortable viewing
- 4.2mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to ensure the whole scene remains in view without vignetting
- Short bridge design provides more gripping area on the optical tubes for steadier views and more room for larger hands
- Magnesium alloy chassis reduces weight without sacrificing strength or stability
- Rubber armoring provides protection from bumps and impacts while offering a positive slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather
- O-ring sealed and argon-filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Tethered objective lens caps and one-piece ocular rainguard protect the lens surfaces without the fear of losing them when not in use
- GlassPak binoculars harness & case holds the optic close to your body to keep it safe and secure without swinging or hanging when moving or climbing over rough terrain
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured.
We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel. *Free shipping only applies to regional centers. Shipping to outlying and remote areas may attract an additional fee.
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 10 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
All orders are dispatched via door to door courier within 2 working days from Johannesburg to any destination within South Africa. Your goods will be delivered to you within 48 - 72 hours (2-3 business days) from date of dispatch.
Please ensure that someone is available to sign receipt of your order at your chosen address of delivery. Delivery will take place on business days between the hours of 08h30 and 17h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
In the event of a Public Holiday or weekend, the goods shall be delivered on the following business day.
Please note that for overnight shipping your order needs to be placed before 11:00am to receive it by the following business day.
Alternatively, you may collect your goods from our shop in Rosebank, Johannesburg, in which case delivery will be free of charge. Please take note that special delivery times (such as same day delivery or overnight delivery) is only possible in Main/regional centres. Outlying areas are a minimum two day delivery time. Unfortunately we are unable to refund you delivery charges if you select the incorrect delivery type at checkout. If you are unsure please contact us before ordering and we can assist you in selecting the correct delivery option.
Our address is:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
Our shop operating hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5:30pm
Sat: 9am – 3pm
Please confirm stock availability with our sales staff before placing an order.
We process all of our online store's payments using PayFast - a secure, South African operated payment gateway. We accept the following forms of payment online. Please note we do not accept American Express or Diners Cards on our online store.
Credit Card(R100 000 limit, only South African card accepted)
Debit Card(R30 000 limit, only South African cards accepted)
InstantEFT(ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank)Security & Fraud Prevention
PayFast is committed to keeping you, your customers and all sensitive information secure. We have a multitude of automated and manual checks in place to protect both buyers and sellers from fraudulent transactions. Online retail has a fraud rate between 1 and 2% of all transactions. Through effective controls, PayFast’s is currently below 0,2% and still going down.
PCI-DSS Level 1 CompliantWe use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this –the highest– level of encryption currently available.All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.Our entire site, blog, payments page and help site all are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.Two-factor authentication is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.We use GEO IP tracking to see where transactions are originating from and look for mismatches between this and the card’s issuing country.Our system automatically checks for suspicious payment velocity.We use BIN/IIN validation to check for card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by our stellar Support Team.3D Secure
3D Secure is an extra layer of security in using your credit card for online transactions. Sellers are asked to enter their 3D Secure password or one time PIN –which they register with their bank– to authenticate that they are the actual cardholder.
This website is provided by us on an "as is" basis. This website makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, or products included on this website.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this website disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The owners of this website will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Policies. These are subject to change without notification. All changes will be published on the website.
Shop 101, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
2196Tel: 011 880 2885
This store only trades in South Africa Currency All prices are listed in ZAR (South African Rand) and include VAT (15%). All transactions will be processed in ZAR (South African Rand).
We will only accept orders from and deliver products to addresses in South Africa. If you are an international client who would like to purchase from us, you will need to contact our sales team on email@example.com and arrange for your own courier to collect the items from our store on your behalf.
Return / Refund Policy
What is your return policy?
You may return a product for refund or exchange (if due to our error) within 7 days of the order shipment date.
The order shipment date and order notification are provided to you by email.
All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (order number #) which you would have received upon placing your order online.
If we shipped you the wrong product, or it arrived defective or damaged we will carry the cost to get it replaced within the borders of South Africa only.
Contact us within 7 days of the item's order shipment date to arrange for the return of your purchase.
We will send a replacement or refund you for your purchase, provided the returned item(s) are received back in their original packaging, unused, along with all accessories, etc., where applicable.
The packaging is part of the complete item so it has to be in the original condition in which it was sent.
*Please note we cannot accept returns on Emulsion Based Film and Flash based Memory Products due to the volatility they can suffer under certain weather conditions (Memory card compatibility must be checked by the purchaser and we cannot be held responsible for incorrect memory card purchases if they do not work on your device). Please ensure you are 100% sure on compatibility before you purchase. We will only replace/refund/repair Flash Memory Cards if they have a manufacturing fault.
If you ordered the wrong item
We will exchange your goods for the correct item or if the item is not available we will refund you for your purchase (minus the delivery cost) within 7 days of you returning the goods to us, provided the returned item(s) are received back in its original, unopened, packaging and provided your purchase is in "as-new" condition, and the purchased product was not noted as a clearance or non-returnable item.
When your return is received, you will be issued a refund (to the credit card used to pay) for the merchandise only. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of shipping the package back to us.
Ship your package back to us at the following address:
Shop 101A, Rosebank Mall
50 Bath Avenue
If the goods do not match their description.
If the goods do not in all material respects and characteristics correspond with their description on our website, you may return them to us at our expense within 10 days of you having received them, in the original packaging. We shall refund to you the cost of the goods less the reasonable cost of repackaging them, and we reserve our right to charge you a reasonable amount for use of the goods if the goods have been used. Images used on our website are purely for illustrative purposes and are not binding to the actual product being advertised or sold. The description of the goods stands as priority in confirming the item for sale and not the image itself.
Change of heart or buyers remorse.
We do not offer refunds for products purchased if you have a change of mind or buyers remorse. If you have a special request prior to purchase please make arrangements with the store management should you have the need to do so and this will be dealt with on a case by case matter. Under certain circumstances it will be at management discretion to accept returns and will usually carry a restocking/handling fee.
Errors and Omissions
While every effort will be made to ensure that our pricing, stock levels and products advertised are correct. We realise there will be times when there will be a pricing error and as such, reserve the right to update prices at any time without any prior notice given. If you are in doubt, please phone and check the price with our store before purchasing an item to check both stock levels and price.